From: Kirk, William
Sent: Friday, February 11, 2000 10:02 AM
To: 'RADSAFE Listserv'
Subject: Anticipated job openings

The Pennsylvania (PA) Department of Environmental Protection,
Bureau of Radiation Protection anticipates openings for
twelve Radiation Health Physicist (RHP) positions within the
next two years.  These positions are associated with Pennsylvania's
application for Agreement State status and the NRC's requirements
for meeting the increased demands of licensing, inspection, and
decommissioning activities.  It is anticipated that five of these
positions will reside in the Central Office location in Harrisburg,
PA with one of them acting as an assistant to the Bureau Director;
three in the Southeast Regional Office in Conshohocken, PA; one
n the Southcentral Regional Office in Harrisburg, PA; and three
in the Southwest Regional Office in Pittsburgh, PA.  Depending on
the position requirements, the starting salary ranges would be
approximately $33,000 to $50,000.  The Commonwealth of PA offers a
competitive compensation package that includes: 37.5 hour work week;
12 holidays; annual and sick leave; fully paid medical, vision,
hearing aid, and dental plans; prescription drug plan; disability and
life insurance; and a retirement program.  For information on
eligibility for a RHP 1, II, III, and/or IV positions, please contact
the Civil Service Commission at 717-787-7811 or e-mail
http://www.scsc.state.pa.us.

William P. Kirk, Ph.D, CHP
Chief, Radiation Control Division
Bureau of Radiation Protection
PA Dept. of Environmental Protection
Phone: (717) 783-9730  FAX: (717)783-8965
email: kirk.william@dep.state.pa.us

All opinions expressed are my own and may not be universally accepted or
politically
correct.
<>
<>