BWCHPS events.

Dear all,

Just a few things about upcoming events: (don't worry, I won't remind you again
and again about the upcoming BWCHPS/ANS joint meeting with Dr. Ron Goans from
REAC/TS as our guest speaker (Radiation Medicine) on Feb 25, with a full dinner
starting at 8 (for only $18) and the talk at 9 p.m.. at USUHS in Bethesda, or
how you can email me to make a reservation).

1.  Our next dinner meeting will be toward the end of March. We are planning to
have Capt. William Holcomb, PHS, (Ret) as our speaker. We had Capt. Holcomb all
set for Jan., but the weather was too unpredictable, and we had to cancel. Capt.
Holcolmb is an avid collector of antique radioactive items, some of which he
will show us.  Some of the applications of certain items were certainly unique!
Capt. Holcomb is also very knowledgeable about other nuclear themes surrounding
toys, fantasy, cartoons, etc.  This is definitely a must see lecture!!!!

3.  The HPS President-Elect will visit us early in April-right after the NCRP
meeting.  So, those of you who will be in town are certainly invited to attend.
I will post more concrete information soon.

2.  Please plan to attend our Annual Meeting in May, hopefully at NIST.  I don't
have the date yet, but later in May.  So block out the last two weeks until I
get the date.  Really though,  please come, and better yet, consider giving a 15
minute presentation at the meeting.  Talk about anything somewhat related to
Health Physics:  radiation, waste, radioactive cats, new trends, salaries,
employment future, or. if you are at a party, how do you explain to someone what
you do for a living before their attention gets diverted to something else?  Do
you have a list of stupid (sorry, I mean funny) questions asked of you? etc....
oh, yes you can also talk about the LNT, but we will be having lunch during that
15 minutes.  How about something controversial, like what you think about
radsafe contents  (bring some examples...no names plese!)  :)  I will have a
soap box ready.  Please make an effort for yourself and for the viability of
this annual meeting to come up with something.  You can put it on your resume,
or on your list of accomplishments.  If you already know you have material for a
short talk, let me know as soon as you can.  Then you won't have to read the
next painstaking formal call for papers.

Thanks for reading.

Diane Case, Ph.D., CHP
President-Elect, BWCHPS