MicroShield 5.05

I am interested in the experience of others with this program. We (D&M
Nuclear Services group) are encountering frequent crashes on Windows NT
and Windows 98.  The jury is still out on Windows 95.  We have yet to
find a combination of computer (Pentiums I, II, III, Pentium Pro) and
operating system on which the program will run reliably.  None of our
bug reports have even been acknowledged. I have an email not related to
a bug report that has gone unanswered since late December.

This is extremely disappointing for several reasons. Version
4.0 is not Y2K-compliant (as noted on Rafsafe), there is no upgrade path
other than a full new license, and the cost is roughly twice that of the
previous version. Definitely not recommended.

Spoke to the WMG people about MegaShield and at least they were
forthcoming about capabilities and limitations. Unfortunately MegaShield
lacks the ability to perform decay calculations and it has limitations
regarding manipulation of its input and output files that are critical
for certain of my projects.

No setting the clock back jokes, please! <g>
Opinions expressed are entirely my own and do not
necessarily reflect the views of my employer or clients.

Ralph E. Wild, Ph.D.
Senior Scientist
Dames & Moore Group
c/o 204 Trappers Run Drive