Re: Residents Angry After Nuke Release

> How often is that material disseminated?

Mike,

It's been over 3 years since I left the utility world, so am
confident that others will be able to address how their plant
currently updates emergency planning information. I know at FPL we
distributed materials to every household annually. I do not know how
information is provided to someone who moves into a neighborhood
during the year. I believe there is a mechanism, but don't know
positively how that is accomplished.

Florida had a very good program and there was a positive relationship
between local governments, utility and the media. I never had a real
problem when dealing with the media either for the Turkey Point Plant
or St. Lucie Plant ENC news briefings. The media were generally
interested in learning all the details, and reporting them as
accurately and with as little emotional overtones as possible. All in
all, it was a good experience.

Sandy Perle					Tel:(714) 545-0100 / (800) 548-5100
Director, Technical				Extension 2306
ICN Worldwide Dosimetry Division		Fax:(714) 668-3149
ICN Biomedicals, Inc.				E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net
ICN Plaza, 3300 Hyland Avenue  		E-Mail: sperle@icnpharm.com
Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Personal Website:  http://www.geocities.com/scperle