Manhattan Project

A few days ago, our Governor's chief of staff asked a question regarding a "Manhattan Project" facility in the Atlanta, Georgia area. We are unaware of any such facilities operating in the Atlanta area ... the only thing we're aware of is that records are stored at the Federal Archives facility here.

Does anybody have any information regarding a Manhattan Project facility / activity in Georgia?

Thanks in advance.

Jim Hardeman, Manager
Environmental Radiation Program
Environmental Protection Division
Georgia Department of Natural Resources
4244 International Parkway, Suite 114
Atlanta, GA 30354
(404) 362-2675  fax: (404) 362-2653
Jim_Hardeman@mail.dnr.state.ga.us

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
X-GWTYPE:USER
FN:Hardeman, Jim
TEL;WORK:(404) 362-2638
ORG:;Georgia Department of Natural Resources
TEL;PREF;FAX:(404) 362-2653
EMAIL;WORK;PREF;NGW:Jim Hardeman
N:Hardeman;Jim
X-GWUSERID:Jim Hardeman