Re: Weapon Efficency

In a message dated 24-Feb-2000 12:29:26 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Sam.Engelhard@rfets.gov writes:

> That is why I used the examples of Pu/U , H-3.
>  Maybe I was not clear..... What percentage of Pu/U is converted and what
>  percentage of H-3 is converted in a typical thermonuclear detonation.

I, of course, was gently suggesting that if you know the yield (energy) and
the mass of the reactants you started with, you could easily do the
calculation. But there's the rub: if you do know these things and publish
them on radsafe, you are likely to join Mr. Lee of Los Alamos (not you,
Dave!) in the docket.

bobcherry@aol.com