RE: Manhattan Project

Jim and others,

DOE's Office of Environmental Management published a large book in January
1997 entitled "Linking Legacies", which appears to be an extensive effort to
document all of the nuclear weapons activities all the way back to the
Manhattan Project.  It discusses sites, activities, and links them to their
environmental consequences.  It actually makes interesting reading to a
weapons program history buff like me, and I suggest it if any are
interested. (Lots of pictures, too :-)

I did a quick scan of a large summary poster and tables included with the
book, and did not find any reference to anything at all in the state of
Georgia.

The document's number is DOE/EM-0139, and the inside cover claims that it is
available from The Environmental Management Information Center,
800-736-3282.

Doug Minnema, PhD, CHP
Defense Programs, DOE
<Douglas.Minnema@ns.doe.gov>

what few thoughts i have are truly my own