RE: Manhattan Project

The sites in Florida were surveyed by ORNL in the late 1970s to determine if
they were candidates for remedial action under FUSRAP. They were not
Manhattan Project sites per se, but DOE decided they needed to be
investigated because the companies had operated under contracts with the AEC
in the 1950s. The objective was to build and operate pilot plants to
determine the feasibility of extracting uranium from phosphoric acid.
Technical reports were prepared for each survey.

Fred Haywood