RE: LNT models -Constancy of Radon levels over time??

In doing hundreds of radon tests in Central Pennsylvania in the 1980s, I
found no correlation between age/energy effeciency and radon levels.  I
found very high levels in some old leaky structures and some very low levels
in new very tight structures.  Other conventional wisdoms of the time that I
found to be myths are (1) that the level will always be highest in the
basement and (2) certain locations (e.g. river flood plains) are not
susceptable.  I think the bottom line is that if the source is there, the
level will be high no matter what.  Also some HVAC systems can act to move
the highest level to upper floors.

Harry Reynolds
303-966-2708
DP 303-212-5376