Tritium Bioassay Laboratories

UNCW is just reaching quantities of tritium where the activities
handled warrant a bioassay program.  Being new to this, I have two
questions.

1.  Should I go with a third party to analyze our samples? It doesn't
seem to be a problem for most facilities but I prefer a third party to
perform our tritium bioassays rather than in-house personnel. The
concerns I do hear are cost and time.

2.  Does anyone use any laboratories that have performed an
excellent job for them in a tritium Bioassay program?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Stan H. Harts
Environmental Safety Manager
University of North Carolina at Wilmington
601 South College Road
Wilmington, NC 28403-3297
E-Mail:   Hartss@uncwil.edu
Phone:    (910) 962-7017