Subject:    Alpha contamination survey meters
Author: <radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu>
Date:       03/09/2000 12:56 PM

I am interested in recommendations for a portable alpha contamination survey
instrument and probe capable of accurately detecting 10 - 20 DPM on a smear or a
direct frisk. The instrument must not have a response to beta or gamma
radiations. The instrument will be used for unconditional release of equipment
and personnel, so the response time needs to be tolerable for
personnel frisking. If anyone has a positive experience with an instrument
matching these characteristics I would appreciate your feedback.