Re: FYI: "Our Gang"...

Sandy,

What you say is right, but not complete.

When NRC addresses a formal policy and wants comments they must issue
documents publicly and get all comments. In this case the "it IS about trust,"
and credible government! :-)  Just because (if) AIF or NUMARC had 'secret'
access to NRC on substance (obviously there's a lot of appropriate interaction
on doesn't make it right, just lucky. Government must "do it in the open," but
act on the evidence. After all, this is how we destroyed Millstone/NU. NRC and
licensee together know and take the 'shortcut,' and instead of documenting the
basis, they attack the messenger and defend the indefensible. Then get pushed
into political 'damage control' by the anti's (including Markey).

If Jackson were still there, this is could be another such case where NRC
might go against the industry just for the political damage control (although
the NRC waste of a $billion on NU led to enough direct Congressional attack on
Jackson/NRC that it might have constrained her this time :-)

Regards, Jim
muckerheide@mediaone.net