Re: FYI: "Our Gang"...

The only problem I observe is that they mislead Markey. Why is it
that there is a perceived problem when the regulator obtains input
from the regulated? There is no "money" exchanged as part of a
political campaign, which is something the good senator is well aware
of. No, there isn't any implied commitment on the part of the good
senator when campaign finds are taken from lobbyists, right?

It makes excellent sense for the various industry groups to provide
feedback. The regulator has the right ti include what they want, and
reject what they don't want. The airlines provide input to the FAA,
as well as many other regulated industries. "Regulation in the dark"
has been a root cause of many problems in the past.

I was a member when AIF (or was it NUMARC) .. who knows, they've
changed so many times, met with Walt Cool (Sr.) and Robert Baker when
10CFR20 was in the early days of revision, approximately 1993. These
meetings provided the regulator and regulated to address issues.
These meetings were very productive. The 10 CFR 20 implemented in
January 1994 was a better document for it. Did we all in the nuclear
industry agree with all of the inclusion.. no, we didn't, but we had
our chance to address what we perceived to be problematic, and need
further attention.

I think the NRC should be commended, instead of castigated for this
recent communication with NEI. We are a government of the people,
and, we all, including NEI, should have access to our government
agencies. Mr. Markey, a well-known staunch anti-nuclear activist
would be better if he attacked real issues that face all of us, and
leave this particular issue alone.

Sandy Perle					Tel:(714) 545-0100 / (800) 548-5100
Director, Technical				Extension 2306
ICN Worldwide Dosimetry Division		Fax:(714) 668-3149
ICN Biomedicals, Inc.				E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net
ICN Plaza, 3300 Hyland Avenue  		E-Mail: sperle@icnpharm.com
Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Personal Website:  http://www.geocities.com/capecanaveral/1205