Re: Radon vs. LNT - [CUT TO] the Chase ("From bug")

On Mon, 13 Mar 2000, Bjorn Cedervall wrote:
> The first question concerning radon is not precise enough. True we have been
> exposed to low levels of radiation since life began, but the last 50 years
> or so we have made our houses more "air tight" to reduce the cost of
> heating, which in turn has increased the normal background from 1 mSv/year
> to 3 mSv/year

	--Our studies have shown that nowhere nearly such a large effect
has occurred in U.S. Houses more than 70 years old have only 25% lower
radon levels than new houses. There is very little difference in radon
levels in houses where much has been done vs nothing has been done to
reduce heat leakage.