RE: NDT of diagnostic x-ray rooms

Dear Louie,

When I said collimated, I used the term loosely.  What I meant was, shield
the back end of the source so that the radiation is only pointed toward the
wall being checked.  This will reduce the exposure of anyone (including the
surveyors) that need to be in the x-ray room while the test procedure is
being conducted (ALARA consideration).   Use of a  flood source is a good
idea, but it is less readily transported (the original question referred to
remote locations).

Dave Derenzo