Re: Cohen's ecological data: a test of LNT?

Ken,
I don't see the logic that simply. Try this:

Radon causes lung cancer if the LNT causal relationship is real.
Miner radon data suggest the LNT causal relationship may be real.
Some domestic radon data suggest the LNT causal relationship may be real.
Some domestic radon data suggest the LNT causal relationship may not be
real.
If LNT causal relationship is real, it should be evident in a
population-based study.
A population-based study suggests that LNT causal relationship may not be
real.
Perform prospective, cohort study to test if LNT causal relationship is
real.
Prospective study not viable, too expensive.

Of course, issues such as smoking and the long, long list of potential
confounding factors, are not addressed, which adds to the complexity of the
logic.
Tom

--
Thomas Mohaupt, M.S., CHP
University Radiation Safety Officer

104 Health Sciences Bldg
Wright State University
Dayton, Ohio 45435
tom.mohaupt@wright.edu
(937) 775-2169
(937) 775-3761 (fax)

"An investment in knowledge gains the best interest." Ben Franklin