RE: Article on the future of energy

I have not seen this article yet, but thought that I would add a side note
to this.  I recently responded to some issues raised regarding nuclear power
by my daughter's high school science teacher. During that process, I ran
across the original study done by the American Gas Association on the
"Hydrogen Economy" in 1972.  (Sorry, the report is too big to fax.)  That
study noted that hydrogen could not be used as a primary fuel, because it
would take more energy to get the hydrogen into usable fuel than what you
could get out of it.  However, it would be useful for replacing natural gas
in the distribution network.  It was in that report that they proposed using
offshore nuclear plants as the energy source for the electrolysis of the
water.

Apparently, somebody has read that report besides me.

Doug Minnema, PhD, CHP
Defense Programs, DOE

what few thoughts i have are truly my own