Austrian opposition against Temelin

Franz, was this also ignored in your local media ?    ...thanks,   Jaro.

http://www.ctknews.com/monctk.html
SPOe launches "objection campaign" against Temelin
VIENNA, March 20 (CTK) - The Austrian opposition Social Democrat (SPOe)
deputy Ulli Simao and "Team for Vienna" started distributing postcards that
Austrians can send the Czech Environment Ministry with their objections to
the construction of the nuclear power plant Temelin, south Bohemia, in
Vienna today.
The SPOe press department in Vienna said that the campaign was connected to
the planned discussion on changes in Temelin's auxiliary plants since not
only Czechs but also foreigners including Austrians can send Czech
authorities their objections, according to the law on environment impact
assessment.
Simao said that "every signature counts" adding that it was the first time
that Austrians could state their objections.

....and the latest from CEZ:

http://www.cez.cz/enver/e02602.htm
Hot Tests at Temelín NPP Start
The Minister of Industry and Trade Miroslav Gregr came today for his already
seventh check-day at the Temelin nuclear power plant. In the beginning of
his visit lasting for more than three hours, the Minister met
representatives of the investor, major contractors and the State Office for
Nuclear Safety. Within a working discussion, he was informed about progress
of building works, process of starting up and start of hot tests of the
first Temelin unit.
During his inspection, the Minister accompanied by NPP Director checked the
work of the operating staff and contractors in hot tests directly in the
control center - unit control room. Hot tests are one of the most important
parts of the non-active start-up of the nuclear power plant. Their purpose
is to verify the functioning of devices under operating parameters
(temperature of water in the primary circuit 300°C, pressure 15.7MPa), but
without fuel charged in the reactor.
"After moderate disappointment from the January check-day in the power plant
when our most optimistic expectations concerning performance of the schedule
had not been met, today's visit brings about optimism again because things
have considerably advanced. I am especially pleased by the progress of works
in the system of control and management and start of hot tests. That
confirms my belief that the term set up by the government for fuel charging
in the reactor of the first unit is not in jeopardy," said in conclusion of
his check-day the Minister of Industry and Trade Miroslav Gregr.
Dagmar Placha
Ministry Press Spokesman
Milan Nebesar
Temelin NPP Press Spokesman