RE: Radiation Records Being Investigated

> The difference is in the lack of regulatory oversight and in the legacy
> programs' Cold War philosophy, not the "mystically different properties" of
> radiation.

Phil,

That is why the excerpt of an article I posted on March 16 is so very
appropriate. While the NRC may on many occasions be overly
restrictive and reactive, they do a pretty damn good job.:

Bliley Introduces Bill To Strengthen Safety At DOE

WASHINGTON, March 15 /PRNewswire/ -- House Commerce Committee
Chairman U.S. Rep. Tom Bliley (R-VA) along with Science Committee
Chairman U.S. Rep. James Sensenbrenner (R-WI), and US Reps, Fred
Upton (R-MI), Joe Barton (R-TX), Richard Burr (R-NC), and Ken Calvert

(R-CA) late yesterday introduced a bill to establish external
regulation of safety at all Department of Energy facilities.  Bliley
today made the following statement:

"I am introducing today, along with a number of my colleagues from
the Commerce Committee and the Science Committee, legislation to
improve the safety throughout the Department of Energy by
establishing the Nuclear Regulatory Commission as the external
regulator of all nuclear safety matters in the Department of Energy
and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration as the external
regulator for all non-nuclear worker safety matters in the Department
of Energy.

Sandy Perle					Tel:(714) 545-0100 / (800) 548-5100
Director, Technical				Extension 2306
ICN Worldwide Dosimetry Division		Fax:(714) 668-3149
ICN Biomedicals, Inc.				E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net
ICN Plaza, 3300 Hyland Avenue  		E-Mail: sperle@icnpharm.com
Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Personal Website:  http://www.geocities.com/capecanaveral/1205