Re: Radiation Records Being Investigated

Good Morning. We have only met once and it was a pleasure. However, I take exception to what I thought I read in this posting to RADSAFE. Safety training of staff who worked at these places and monitoring that they were indeed observing the rules should have been paramount. I have little doubt that for the most part that did happen. In the mid-sixties I worked on a weapon and system where we were given non-sparking tools to use. No one said a thing about safety precautions until we told "The Senior Chief" that parts of the tools appeared to be breaking off in use. He checked WITH SOMEBODY and immediately ordered us to stop using THESE NON-SPARKING BERYLLIUM TOOLS. THATS WHEN WE "THE CREW" CHECKED INTO IT OURSELVES AND FOUND OUT ABOUT BERYLLIOSIS. I strongly recommend that we wait until the investigations are complete. Paying the workers approximately $100,000  is not a lot of money. Especially when they are dying from something probably caused in the work place. I look forward to meeting and talking with you again