Re: Radiation Records Being Investigated

On Fri, 24 Mar 2000, Ron L. Kathren wrote:

> Even though this might result in some who were not injured being
> compensated, it would seem appropriate as it will compensate those who are
> most likely to have been injured.

	--Discussions like this make me wonder why no one is concerned
with compensating the hundreds of thousands of American soldiers, sailors,
and airmen who were killed and seriously injured in Morld War II, Korea,
and Vietnam. No one asked them if they wanted to be exposed to the
infinitely more dangerous conditions than the workers under discussion,
and they received very low wages. Even those permanently disabled get
very meager allowances.
	If people have forgotten what these men went through, I recommend
Stephen Ambrose's book "Citizen Soldiers".

Bernard L. Cohen
Physics Dept.
University of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, PA 15260