Re: Radiation Records Being Investigated

I would not include the beryllium cases.  Beryllium lung disease is
much more cause and effect than the radiation incidents.  Not that
its effects were known at the time...

>OK Sandy, let me see if I've got this right.
>
>You say, "Interesting that this all coincides with the Republican led Congress
>trying to push through a 'no fault compensation program.'"
>And the article says "Michaels said the Clinton administration is working on
>legislation to compensate sick workers.  Thompson warned the bill should not
>rely on questionable documents or force workers to demonstrate exposure levels
>that cannot be proven."   Also, 'The Clinton administration has proposed
>offering medical benefits,
>lost-wage reimbursement, optional job retraining or a single $100,000 cash
>payment to workers suffering illnesses caused by exposure to beryllium. In
>addition, the administration has proposed compensation of $100,000 apiece to
>workers at the Paducah plant exposed to radioactive materials known to cause
>cancer."
>
>This may appear off topic, but I'm actually just exercising my scientific
>observational skills.
>Can anyone help me come up with a conclusion for this little experiment?
>Jay A. MacLellan
>These thoughts are mine, and mine alone.  Don't blame my employer, or anyone
>else.

Kim Merritt, RRPT
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
Physics Directorate Safety Support Officer
phone: (925)423-9668 fax: (925)422-7160
e-mail: merritt9@llnl.gov