Re: To Luxel Users

At 12:59 PM 3/28/00 -0600, you wrote:
>I have no problem with anyone NOT employed at a dosimetry vendor voicing
>this opinion, but people in Sandy's position should

While I certainly concede that Sandy's position in the industry forces him
to word his opinions carefully on radsafe, I see no reason why his opinion
of 1 mrem measurements is no less valid or informative than any other
dosimetrist's. And I agree with his assessment - the ability to distinguish
5 mrem from 6 mrem is meaningless if you won't be doing anything with that
information. Reporting values below 10 mrem when you have no intension of
doing things differently from the days when those doses were "ND" or "M"
means the lower LLD serves no useful purpose (it IS great for environmental
measurements, however).

Bob Flood
Stanford Linear Accelerator Center
bflood@slac.stanford.edu