Re: To Luxel Users

Bob Flood wrote (in part):

"While I certainly concede that Sandy's position in the industry forces him
to word his opinions carefully on radsafe, I see no reason why his opinion
of 1 mrem measurements is no less valid or informative than any other
dosimetrist's."

I agree that his opinion is just as worthy as anyone else's.  My point was that when someone chooses to express, on
radsafe, a non-technical opinion  (or even a technical opinion, for that matter) questioning the value of a competitor's
product features, they risk being perceived as a salesman rather than a technical expert, regardless of their intent
or motivation.  To me, there is little difference between this and advertising, which is banned on radsafe.  Even
when someone else brings the issue up first, jumping into a thread to raise questions about a competitor's product
is, in my opinion, not the right thing to do, ethically.  Even if you have strong negative opinions, technical or otherwise,
the right thing to do is to stay out of it.  This is not to say there is no other avenue for Sandy to voice his opinions, but
the ban on advertising on radsafe, in my opinion, means he should seek other avenues.

Regards,

John R. Laferriere, CHP
DuPont Pharmaceuticals Co.
Medical Imaging Division