From: Kirk, William
Sent: Monday, March 27, 2000 2:56 PM
To: 'RADSAFE Listserv'
Subject: Re: Elevated Beta readings

While I agree that the probability of anything from the
Japanese accident reaching the U.S. in quantities
sufficient to be seen on an air filter is zero, I am
curious why the gross beta readings from 26 of 27 air
samplers, operated by PA-BRP around nuclear facilities,
were elevated during the week of October 25, 1999. These
samplers are throughout PA.  The highest readings were
in the western part of the state.

Regards

Bill Kirk

William P. Kirk, Ph.D, CHP
Chief, Radiation Control Division
Bureau of Radiation Protection
PA Dept. of Environmental Protection
Phone: (717) 783-9730  FAX: (717)783-8965
email: kirk.william@dep.state.pa.us

All opinions expressed are my own and may not be universally accepted or
politically
correct.
<>
<>
<> Celebrate!  30th Anniversary of Earth Day - April 22 -
www.dep.state.pa.us