Re: LNT/ALARA and workable regulations (formerly

At 07:07 PM 4/2/00 -0500, you wrote:
>"My issue is how any alternative to LNT would be implemented."
>Even if hormetic/threshold effects were real, there is no way to assure a
>particular incremental dose didn't result in a cumulative dose exceeding the
>threshold and resulting in increased risk.

Plan and manage. At the workplace, plan and manage the occupational doses
received by workers, throughout the workplace, so as not to exceed a
predetermined limit. For the public, similarly, plan and manage the releases.

Mike McNaughton
email: mcnaught@LANL.gov or mcnaughton@LANL.gov
phone: (505)667-6130