Re: Transfer of Radioactive Material to another institution

The same regulations and exemptions apply to personal autos as
commercial carriers.  If it's properly packaged, labeled, manifested,
etc., there are no other specific restriction on personal autos.

By the way, 10 uCi of P-32 liquid could be classified as a limited
quantity.  (See 49 CFR 173.421).  If there's any further doubt, I would
suggest first reading 172, Subpart H.  Careful, Subpart H will also
apply to your friendly professor.

Good Luck

Glenn Roberts

Bob wrote:

> Hello! can anybody tell me if there is a minimum amount of material that
> can be transported via personal auto. That is does the regulations provide
> for an exempt amount for transport. I have a professor asking about
> tranferring less than 10 uCi of P-32 to another institution in his car.
>
> You can respond directly to caspar@aecom.yu.edu.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Bob
>
> Robert Casparius, RSO
> AECOM
> 718-430-2243
> Department of Environmental Health & Safety

begin:vcard
n:Roberts;Glenn
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:UniTech Services Group, Inc.