RE: Son of ALARA!

	Dear colleagues

	A single alpha particle track through a single cell nucleus averages
23000 ionisations, 200 DNA single-strand breaks and 35 double-strand breaks.
Most cells this happens to die, and a large percentage of survivors carry
chromosome aberrations.  I'm sorry, but I still need a lot of convincing to
see this as beneficial.

	Personal thoughts only

	keith.bradshaw@nnc.co.uk

	END