Skin Dose for Pu-238/239

Sorry to interrupt the thread on ALAA (ALARA) but this may be related.
Recently there has been some concern raised regarding the skin dose
coming from the low energy photons (17 to 60 kev xrays) associated
with the decommissioning of gloveboxes that were used to process
Pu-238/239.  Our facility has recently started to monitor for this dose
when entering gloveboxes without lead-impregnated gloves.

My question is:  Has any other DOE or other sites done a study on the
actual impact of these low-energy photons for ALARA planning in
decommissioning gloveboxes that were used to process Pu-238 or
Pu-239?

 Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Kevin Konzen
ALARA Rad. Engineer