Is Meat Irradiation a Cause for Concern?

Hello RadSafe,

   More news on irradiation.    How do persons view the long term effects of
irradiation?   Does irradiation allow more kids to not have problems from bad
things in food?   Is there a relationship to toxic levels in the environment
that drives kids immune dysfunctions?      Can irradiation help mask this
effect?   Are their short term benefits and long term masking effects?

Jim Phelps, near the superfund site of Oak Ridge

 Source:
 <A HREF="http://about.onhealth.com/fitness/in-depth/item/item,39165_1_1.asp";>
http://about.onhealth.com/fitness/in-depth/item/item,39165_1_1.asp</A>
 April 19, 1999

 Is Meat Irradiation a Cause for Concern?
 By Gail Zyla

        “NO IRRADIATION ... No one knows for sure the long-term effects of
irradiation,” says a sign hovering over the produce aisle of Wild Harvest, a
chain of Boston-area health food stores. “We play it safe; none of our
products is irradiated.”
       To many shoppers, the message is a comforting one. First used in the
1970s to sterilize food for astronauts, "irradiation" brings to mind images
of atomic bombs and nuclear reactor sites gone bad. Most food companies and
supermarkets that have tried to sell irradiated fruits and vegetables over
the years have faced picket lines and threats of boycotts.

Snipped------con't on the web URL--------