Radiation Auditing Software

I have been asked to post this note to RADSAFE for someone outside of my group. They are looking for software to assist with internal safety assessments. Does anyone use or have any auditing or assessment software that they could recommend?

This is what they are asking for:
> "We have a trial software called Dakota, however, many of the regulatory references are OSHA requirements.  Anyway, there are several things this software does.  First, you can submit a questionnaire to a particular site and based on their responses, Dakota will develop an auditing protocol specific to that site for use by the assessor.  (For example, if a site had class IIIb or 4 lasers, then the protocol would list those items that the assessor should check to meet regulatory requirements for class IIIb and 4 lasers.)  Secondly, the protocol developed by Dakota takes the assessor through a series of steps that the assessor needs to investigate/review when at the site.  Based on the response, typically either "yes" or "no", then another submenu may appear which would take the assessor through additional steps.  Finally, when completed with all of the steps, Dakota will print out a report which provides visibility to those areas that need attention.  We are looking at Dakota!
 and one or two other software packages and will decide which one to choose as our assessment software.  We anticpate having to add/revise sections (e.g., Radiation Safety, etc.) to reflect appropriate regulatory requirements.  I have been revising the Radiation Safety protocol (will probably take all of year 2000) to add more specificity and possibly to subdivide it into 2, 3 or even 4 separate protocols.  I thought that if a software developer had already accomplished this, then I could save some time and effort by using their software.  We are also looking at adding company requirements (e.g., Procedures, Guides, etc.) to the software package so the assessor would have the "total" requirements in one document (software).  Currently, the thinking is that whatever software package is chosen, this would be put on the internal company Web so that all of the sites could access it and use it to conduct self assessments."

Thanks,

Bruce Pickett
The Boeing Company, Seattle, WA
bruce.d.pickett@boeing.com
    "We are all ignorant,
      Its just that each of us doesn't know different things"