<< Subj:     buildup factors
 Date:  4/11/2000 1:30:06 PM Central Daylight Time
 From:  Andrew_Karam@URMC.Rochester.edu (Karam, Andrew)

 Dear Colleagues:

 I am working a problem that calls for calculating attenuation of low-energy
 radiation (about 20 KeV photons) by thin to moderate layers of water (0.1 to
 10 cm).  The tables I have found in the Rad Health Handbook for buildup do
 not consider photons less than 100 KeV.  I would greatly appreciate any
 suggested references for buildup factors of 20 KeV photons in water.

 In a related problem, I am trying to find similar factors for 200 KeV
 photons in air, but over very long distances (up to 150 relaxation lengths).
 This information is posing similar problems as the RHH goes up to 40
 lengths.

 If you reply to me directly, I can post a summary to Radsafe.  Thanks in
 advance for your help.

 Sincerely,

 Andy

 Andrew Karam, CHP              (716) 275-1473 (voice)
 Radiation Safety Officer          (716) 275-3781 (office)
 University of Rochester           (716) 256-0365 (fax)
 601 Elmwood Ave. Box HPH   Rochester, NY  14642

 Andrew_Karam@URMC.Rochester.edu