Re: DOE Cites Argonne LabSubcontractor for Nuclear Safety Violati

This can backfire for everyone if the notice is issued inappropriately;
especially if the licensee has withheld unfavorable information which is
discovered later; and the regulator is embarrassed.  This can also backfire if
it makes the regulator vulnerable to attacks from the pubic.

The regulator's job is to provide independent, disinterested oversight of the
licensee's activities.  Anything which compromises this role hurts both sides.

It's not about dose, it's about trust.

Bill Lipton
liptonw@dteenergy.com