Re: [Fwd: [DOEWatch] Deadly toll of Chernobyl]

Dear Bernie and others,

An acquaintance of mine who works in a US intelligence organization answered a question of mine on this topic (i.e., have you heard on seen anything re: Chernobyl health effects?) with a question of his own... and a wink:

"What if, in order to raise the specter health effects and thereby garner more support for international monies, the government relocated sick people to this region?"

Based on the resources that were available to him, I judged his question to be my answer.

For what it's worth.
v/r
Michael
TRAB

>>> blc+@pitt.edu wrote on 24 Apr 00 9:18:16 AM >>>

--The 15,000 deaths depend on assuming the linear-no threshold
theory of radiation induced cancer -- ...

Bernard L. Cohen