From: ptyree@cisusinc.com [mailto:ptyree@cisusinc.com]
Sent: Friday, April 21, 2000 4:33 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: "the CIS product", I-131 therapy solution, IS supplied

Carol S. Marcus, Ph.D., M.D.
Harbor-UCLA Research and Education Institute <csmarcus@ucla.edu>
wrote....."There is no intellectually valid reason to perform thyroid
bioassays
on
any technologist or physician who administers NaI-131 in either capsule or
liquid form.  All commercially available preparations are stabilized against
volatility except for the CIS product, and that is stabilized by Syncor
before dispensing."

The SODIUM IODIDE I 131 SOLUTION For Oral Theraputic Use manufactured by CIS
bio
international (NDA 17-315) is described in its package insert (December
1995)
"..as a stabilized aqueous solution for oral administration..contains 2.48
mg/mL
sodium thiosulfate buffer and 4.2 mg/mL phospate buffer...pH has been
adjusted
to between 7.5-9.0 with sodium hydroxide." The entire P.I.content is
available
at www.cisusinc.com

This "CIS product" is also routinely supplied to most other chain and
independent radiopharmacies in the U.S.

Thank you for your support.

Paul Tyree, RSO
CIS-US, Bedford, MA