Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty

Did I miss the news on RADSAFE?

The Russian Duma (parliament) has agreed to sign the Comprehensive Test Ban
Treaty a few days ago.

In my opinion this is a very large step forward in disarmament and stopping
the further development of nuclear weapons. The USA has last autumn denied
to sign it, which was obviously one of the political games and not founded
on rational reasons. Let us hope that not only the USA, but the necessary
number of other states with sign it in order to let it come into force.

Franz

Franz Schoenhofer
Habicherg. 31/7
A-1160 Vienna
Austria
Tel.: +43-1-495 53 08
Fax.: same number
mobile phone: +43-664-338 0 333
e-mail: schoenho@via.at

Office:
Hofrat Dr. Franz Schoenhofer
Federal Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry, Environment and Water Management
Radiation Protection Department (BMLUW I/8 U)
Radetzkystr. 2
A-1031 Vienna
AUSTRIA

phone: -43-1-71172-4458