Re: another 15,000

>"Go Nuclear - It only kills half as many people as coal!"
I don't get it (should I? Isn't 1 still <2 ?) - why should I want to choose
something that kills more people than something else? There is no risk free
world. Besides, I think that coal is worse than that. We read for instance
recently that coal kills almost one person per day in Ukraine alone
(statistics for the last decade say 3000 people).

>"A nuclear power accident is less likely than a dam failure."
If I recall correctly, the worst accident (deaths/Twh) in Europe over the
last 30-40 years or so was a hydropower dam failure in Italy around 1975
(about 15000 people died). Please correct me if there is anything wrong
here. Is this uninteresting?

My ideas and reflections only,

Bjorn Cedervall  bcradsafers@hotmail.com
http://www.geocities.com/bjorn_cedervall/