RE: Conundrum

	To all that are pondering the practices of releasing
records to other facilities..I suggest reading the
ANSI/HPS N13.6 released in 1999. Although not a
regulatory requirement, it is the guideline that
both states and the NRC use to look at programs.
The standard has been around for a long time, and
has just recently been revised, however section 4.2
has not changed much with the exception of adding
the requirements that "The transmitting facility
operator should only release the information with
the subject individual's written authorization."
10CFR19.13 requires "at the request of a worker"
the licensee will provide records to the "worker"
The final statement we are guided by is the
10CFR20.2106 privacy protection section that
basically defers to the state's privacy laws.

Just my thoughts

   Marc