Re: Conundrum

At 02:53 PM 4/25/2000 -0500, William V Lipton wrote:
>Trust me, I'm trying to be tactful:  You're completely wrong.

Trust me, I expect neither a tactful nor polite response from you.

DOE does not maintain a cooperative database.  Many DOE sites have multiple
contractors and subcontractors, some with their own HP departments.  One
company does not have a say in the "hiring" of another company's employees
although they may be working in their facilities.  An individual can go
between various facilities in the course of one day that are under the
jurisdiction of different companies.  Obviously he can't request a
termination report each time he leaves the facility to go to another.  He
may have a TLD assigned by one company and submit bioassay samples to
another.  In this type of situation, one company must take responsibility
for the worker, and it's his employer.  An Oak Ridge contractor was fined
for not doing such two years ago.

Liz Brackett