Critics allege infant mortality rate

As a former resident of Salem County and a manager at the nuclear facility, I know that mortality rates in that county need a very careful look.  You almost need to divide the county in half.  Then you look at the very large Dupont chemical facility and the coal generating electrical facility in the northern part of the county, and look at the mortality rate for that part of the county.  In like manner, you look at the southern part of the county where the nuclear plants are and look at the mortality for that part of the county.  The coal generating electrical facility puts out more radioactivity than the Salem and Hope Creek reactors, but does require radioactive effluent monitoring or reporting as the nuclear facilities do.

Were the Dupont and coal generating electrical facilities in Salem County discussed in the report?  If not, the report is very flawed.

My opinions are from my former experiences, not my present employer, but I wanted to provide insight for these people to perform more complete mortality studies