RE: Critics Allege Infant Mortality Rate/Cristie Brinkley

Title: RE: Critics Allege Infant Mortality Rate/Cristie Brinkley

I just followed this tread back to refresh my memory and find it linked to the Tooth Fairy Project.  I also downloaded Mangano's article from Environmental Epidemiology and Toxicology.  As others in previous postiing to RADSAFE I remain sceptical of the aledged connection between low levels of radiation and infant health.  The Mangano article states that the amount of airborne radioactivity with half-lives >8 days released by Rancho Seco is 1% of that released by the TMI meltdown.  If that is the case then the infant death rate should be 100 times higher in the TMI area during the same time period or the infant death rate around TMI should now be 1/2 of the previous rate when two reactors were operating.  Does anyone have any data to substanciate such conclusions which would follow from the Mangano paper?

Digressing a bit to the Tooth Fairy Project.  The TFP concentates on Sr-90 in teeth.  Does anyone in RADSAFE space have any hard data on the Sr-90 in infant and adult teeth?  What is the concentration of Sr-90's naturally occurring analog, Ra-226 in these teeth?  What about other NORM?

So while keeping an open, but skeptical, mind to these new "facts" I ponder the similarity between a model with no (an assumption on my part) science training making the current claims about radiation dangers and a former president (an actor like Balwin) talking about "killer trees" during the 1980 presidential race.

Just my own thoughts.

Kjell Johansen
Wisconsin Electric Power Company
Milwaukee