Re: Re[2]: Christie Brinkley on Fox News Network tonight

Vincent King referred back to a quote that Mike Stabin posted:

     ``This industry promised us energy that was too cheap to meter,
     but instead it has produced a mountain of waste that is too
     expensive to clean up. ... We must insist that the nuclear industry
     take responsibility for the legacy of toxic garbage that it has
     produced,''

Last month at an International Conference on the Safety of Radioactive
Waste Management in Cordoba, Spain, it was repeated pointed out that the
"members of the nuclear waste community" must listen to the concerns of the
"members of the public".

On the last day one of the attendees made the following comment - "I'm
confused - who is a member of the nuclear waste community and who is a
member of the public?  Hospitals produce nuclear waste to save lives;
nuclear power plants produce waste in making electricity that the public
uses.  It is the public who produces the waste in obtaining what they
want."

Rick Strickert
Austin, TX