Re: DOE Recordkeeping

The primary problem with the recordkeeping was the coming and going of the
subcontractors, many of whom would change on a regular basis.
It was my understanding that the REMS database was kept for general
(averages for sites, job classifications, etc.) rather than specific
information.  I thought identifiers (such as names and SSNs) were removed
before making the data available, which would make it unusable for tracking
a given individual.  Is that not the case?

At 05:20 PM 4/26/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>Liz Brackett said: "Recordkeeping (of doses) at DOE facilities, at least the
>ones I have experience with, is a nightmare.  I agree that changes need to be
>made but it is not a simple problem. It's easy for outsiders to make sweeping
>statements as to how things "should be;" it's quite another thing to face the
>actual reality of being on the inside trying to implement the changes."
>
>Thanks Liz, that is the best recommendation for a centralized record system,
>like we have at Hanford, I have seen.  I'm not sure how the other sites work,
>but at Hanford all dosimetry records are held by our group.  We also submit a
>report to DOE every year for inclusion in the DOE Radiation Exposure
Management