Re: Tooth Fairy Sample

> So I don't see the tooth donations as a big
> thing. Could be wrong, of course.

Norm,

The problem is that the sample is not a statistically valid sample. It
is biased from the get go. For instance, there was no Design of
Experiments done (in the statistical sense). It a real statistical
analysis, the point is to prove or disprove the null hypothesis. That
wasn't done in this study, since that wasn't the goal. What was the
Control Group used in the study? What other areas around the
USA, as well as foreign countries, were used to collect teeth, not
only around a nuclear power station, but in areas that were far from
a nuclear power station? What other information regarding the
those who provided teeth was collected, to make for an appropriate
epidemiological study? I don't believe there was any study or data
collected to determine the lifestyle, which could have also
contributed to any of the results collected.

As a study, all that was done was to collect some teeth. There
was nothing scientific about the collection, the analysis and most
definitely, the most high unscientific study when it came time to
define the conclusions of the study.

While I have studied statistics from some of the best in the world,
JUSE counselors, there are others here on Radsafe who are far
better capable to address the significant flaws from a scientific
sampling, analysis and conclusions.

Sandy Perle					Tel:(714) 545-0100 / (800) 548-5100
Director, Technical				Extension 2306
ICN Worldwide Dosimetry Division		Fax:(714) 668-3149
ICN Biomedicals, Inc.				E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net
ICN Plaza, 3300 Hyland Avenue  		E-Mail: sperle@icnpharm.com
Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Personal Website:  http://www.geocities.com/capecanaveral/1205