Re: Tooth Fairy Sample

Sandy,

I can't answer much of your objections and questions, not being on the 'inside' of the
study.
I do know that they want teeth from everywhere, not just around nuke plants. This was
stated publicly by Alec B. at Stockton College (near Atlantic City NJ) when he and
other Tooth representatives spoke. So maybe the "control" sample might be considered
those people who donate teeth who do not live near nuke plants.

Second, my understanding of thi project is that they are not out to "prove" that nuke's
cause cancer, but to use this study as a first step to get additional and farther
reaching studies.

Third, I have the form/envelope taht the tooth donor fills out to send in with each
tooth.
And the form does ask a number of questions - well water or city water - where the
mother lived during the time child was in utero, where they lived 1st year of life etc.

If you want i'll snail you an envelope.

Now this doesn't imply that the study is perfect. But I don't think that was the intent
nor am I sure that RPHP has the resources to do that.

peace
norm

--
Coalition for Peace and Justice and the UNPLUG Salem Campaign; 321 Barr Ave., Linwood,
NJ 08221; 609-601-8537 or 609-601-8583 (8583: fax, answer machine);