sr-89 and 90

Commenting on the sr-89 and 90 question raised by some postings, I am told by
Tooth Fairy people that:

> 1. It is impossible to calculate Sr-89 levels in teeth - the half life is
> only 50 days.
>
> 2. We never said that Sr-90 in teeth and bone is the best measure of
> analyzing in-body radioactivity - but it is probably the most feasible.  It
> certainly was good enough for the AEC/DOE when they studied vertebra in New
> York and San Fran from 1954-82; and it was good enough for the US Public
> Health Service in measurements in 30 cities from 1962-71. (And, of course,
> the St. Louis study, 1950-70).
>
> I would add that there was a comment questioning whether the baby tooth
> studies had an inpact on Kennedy's signing of the Partial test Ban. The
> information about that should still be on the RPHP website:
> www.radiation.org.   It's my understanding that the tooth studies were
> certainly at least a large part of the persuasive evidence that convinced
> Kennedy to go forward to stop above ground testing. So, the methodology is
> not new - goes back to the 50s.

peace
norm

Coalition for Peace and Justice and the UNPLUG Salem Campaign; 321 Barr Ave.,
Linwood, NJ 08221; 609-601-8537 or 609-601-8583 (8583: fax, answer machine);
norco@bellatlantic.net;  UNPLUG SALEM WEBSITE:  http://www.unplugsalem.org/
COALITION FOR PEACE AND JUSTICE WEBSITE:
http://members.bellatlantic.net/~norco/  ICQ# 54268619; The Coalition for Peace
and Justice is a chapter of Peace Action.
“We have two lives, the one we’re given, and the other one we make” (Mary
Chapin Carpenter)
“Get up, stand up, stand up for your rights...Get up, stand up, don’t give up
the fight!” (Bob Marley)