Therapeutic X-Ray Dose

RADSAFERS

Many years ago (1940s - 1970s) physicians used X-Ray to treat skin
diseases.  One of those diseases was ringworm.  Another was acne.  I
have been asked by a Physician what doses of radiation were involved in
such treatments.  One particular case involves nodules on a woman's
thyroid.  The woman received three X-Ray treatments for acne  in the
early 1970s. The Physician has some concern about what the thyroid dose
was from these treatments.

With regard to the dose received during the X-Ray treatments for
ringworm, I have seen a paper on the subject many years ago.  But it is
one of the few things that I did NOT keep during my career.

I would appreciate any assistance from RADSAFE.  Not surprisingly, the
American Academy of Dermatologists would only say that such treatment is
no longer given.  My email address is b_l_haertjens@att.net
I look forward to hearing from some of you.

In advance, thanks for your assistance.

Berne Haertjens
SOB Enterprises
Greensburg, PA