Re: background vs man-made emmissions[sic] Thread -Questions for Cohen

I would like to see Norman Cohen's thoughts having studied history at the
graduate level and psychology as he notes about the issue of whether nation's
have ever gone to war over energy supply or are likely to do so in the
future? Does he see this as part of the health and safety impact of any given
fuel cycle?

Does he see any relationship between the US defending its' own and other
nations'  [like Japan] uninterupted supply of oil and our actions in the
Middle East where we sent a few thousand Marines into Beiruit [where several
hundred died in an attack], and hundreds of thousands to protect Saudi Arabia
[and our?? oil] all at huge economic and human costs?

Does he feel any concern that millions of people starved to death in  Africa
in the late 1970s to 1980s because oil prices skyrocketed due to the excess
demand by Western industrialized nations [who could have developed nuclear
energy to displace many used for oil in their economies] and this priced
poorer nations out of the market for oil to use in agriculture for fertilizer
and to power machinery like tractors to grow food?  Should these kinds of
legitimate impacts on the health of millions due to energy supply allocation
issues be considered by environmental activist groups are are can they be
accused of being dishonest with their supposed concern for the health and
safety of others?

I am not asking these questions rhetorically. I would greatly appreciate
hearing from Norman Cohen to understand why issues like those raised above
are ignored by activist groups like STAR who focus only on making some
largely specious claims, about minute radiation exposures from one
contributor to the overall radiation exposure of the population, based upon
some very poor science?

Stewart Farber, MS Public Health
email: radiumproj@cs.com

Also