RE: RADSAFE digest 3135

Norm,

I do not know the information you have on transportation of nuclear fuel.
If have time could you list the danger's of transporting spent nuclear fuel.

I do not know if you have ever seen the video's of the test the
transportation cask were placed through, but I can assure you that it is
quite impressive.  If you would like I would be happy to try and obtain a
copy and send to you (the part where a locomotive engine disintegrates
around the cask, and the cask is unharmed is very impressive).

As for the extra radiation, I feel that has been discussed in previous
Radsafe dialogues (living in Denver etc.).

To the concern of turning the repository into a permanent burial site, when
the cost of finding and mining Uranium exceeds the cost of reprocessing, or
the natural available supply runs out, they will take the fuel rods back for
reprocessing.

Thank you for the reply,

Michael D. Kent RRPT