Re: Nuclear Power Power Plant - Cluster unto themselves

>If the assumptions are correct, that direct radiation and plant
>emissions are causing all of the assumed illnesses, then why aren't
>these effects exacerbated and observed within the plant staffs who
>are within these facilities on an on-going basis, and are continually
>exposed to the direct radiation, as well as the plant emissions?

Why not get more fundamental that this? If Gould is right and natural
background radiation is responsible for the majority of cancer in humans,
then the cancer rate in higher background areas MUST be higher than in
similar lower background areas. The cancer rate in the monazite sand regions
of the planet must be horrific - except that they aren't any different from
other rural areas with more common background levels, despite the order of
magnitude difference in annual dose rates. How can this be, if Gould is
right?
Bob Flood
Dosimetry Group Leader
Stanford Linear Accelerator Center